View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 13:14     #37
Lightspeed

Final, purchased build!

Boost+-+:
Code:
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler Stock GPU Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER WindForce 8G GDDR6 Mobo Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER RAM G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 3600MHz 2x8GB SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD Intel 665p 1TB (en route) VDU LG 27GL850-B PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 750W Case Recycle Kbd Logitech G512 Carbon Tactile Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite Total $4729
I meant to write this up sooner, but I fell completely ill literally hours after I finished the install early Friday afternoon.

The build definitely changed a few times over, as is expected. The MSI motherboard dropped off the market just as I tried to buy it. Apparently it was all bought out by one supplier. I got turned off the Radeon after hearing about driver issues, as well as strong advice for the Nvidia, and lithography isn't everything. I couldn't get the 32GB RAM or Intel 660p M.2 on the day, and I wanted to start building.

I'm weighing my options in regard to the memory; leaving it as is, selling the 16GB and buying 32GB, getting another 16GB later. It's not as hard to get old RAM as it used to be, so that's no longer a concern I once had. But then again while I'm not into this RGB deal, it does look pretty and I'd hate for the parts not to match...

I opted to buy the Intel 665p from NewEgg. I don't get how it figures $90 duty on a $200 part, plus $50 shipping. Was going to hold off, but then I got a pay rise.

I haven't bought a case, but I plan to. My recycle isn't... adequate. But at least there's a power button on the motherboard now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
- Spend the money on the screen; you're looking at it the most so its worth investing in.
No regrets here, this screen is gorgeous. I feel bad for looking at my old one so long. I didn't expect it to be so prominent.

This keyboard is super cool too. I'm going to have to do some work to make the most of it. It's so powerful. Shame about the lack of Linux support.

First game I'm blasting out is Borderlands 3 once it finishes downloading, although I've been playing CoH2 in the meantime. G-Sync is excellent.