Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2007, 19:51     #286
griffen

Thumbs up TF Intro history

In the begining about early 1998, I was a Farmer Brown Throwing rocks at the Cows that were taking off in the other direction, So a friend of mine had brought a PC and then 1 or 2 weeks later I brought my first computer which was a Pentium 2, 333 with mx or mmx intel graphics. Until this time I had enjoyed my 7 day, 10 hour days, but till I switched from throwing rocks to shooting Rockets and throwing Grenades, I left and was hungry to learn more about this game Quake and its Mods, Quake Deathmatch and CTF where the first servers that Col and I had joined, till someone told my Col about TeamFortress and where to inquire bout the downloads that we needed.

G21 was my first Clan, as I was new to the game and learning tricks ands skills to be a team player, I ran alot on the public servers and got some invites to Blue vs Reds which was cool but always one sided (all good but).

I met alot of players and eventurally got a Trial for TNA and took on Shoyu for a 1 on 1, anyhow I made it in the team and my status grew from that point on.

TNA2 took off after, but wasnt to soon it faded back to TNA. There were some mean battles and orginized Team work that kept us strong, Ausses will remember that. Com was the last Battle and starting of as a Scout with Shoyu I managed to Invintrate to there Basement and escape before the Sentrys were up and running and landed the first capp and on the way back relayed back for another. That was my Highlight of my entire carreer in this whole Internet Gaming buzz.

After TNA i went solo and went into a few short lived clans, but wasnt as serious as prior compotitions. Because of my age and I met Porkfest and Festus I was Invited to Ohakune TMC Lan 2002 or was it 2000. Anyway a big shout out to the good folk that had attended (22 peoples). I then joined Blam and his crew (TMC-OS).

A nother player invited me to Slut for his team called DA and I went under the Alias as Xerox and Soldiered the Ramps in 2fort5r, I ended up getting the Terminator Award after a hard week duelling Carn from Australia for hours on end till I started getting mine back, after some sessions my back was out with pinched nerves in my upper back from the efforts gained from dueling the King in my point of view.

During all the years battling and Unemployed I needed to use my skills learnt from the computer and update them by going back to school and getting a bit of paper to say i can. I was quite amazed to how much a gammer really needs to know in order to play and out witt his opponant.

Saying all this, my time today is getting people hooked up on BroadBand and fixing, installing Hardware and Software. My main profession is Designing for Coorporates and personal Graphic Designs.

Every other day I look at a PC or hear First Person Shooters advertised, I stop to think to where it all began and say I was there in the hype of 1998 - 2002. Quake TF was the For-Front and foundations I think that started it all off, till Counter-Strike hit the Market using the Quake 2 Engine.

All in all Cheers TF Community - if this wasnt here TF would of drifted away. Sorry for not mentioning names, you all know who you are

Take Care,
(TMC-OS) Griff