View Single Post
Old 28th December 2009, 11:24     #315
lektronimo

Perhaps so, I got a little carried away after watching it last night. It's much better then gay goth spin Hollywood takes every time, as the story is about awkward adolescence and not so much about the supernatural. Violent parts reminded me of Omen, but more subtle if not fully implied as the vampire part never really takes center stage during the movie. It is also beautifully shot, although I found the early part too claustrophobic, probably because of tight crops and use of long lenses. Still, the movie is unique in its approach and I fully recommend it.

Another movie which blew me away is Baraka re-release on bluray. Simply one of the most stunning examples of cinematography, and incredible transfers ever. If you're a movie buff, you will get this... simple as that. It's not a *movie* exactly, but think of it as BBC's Earth series without the narration, just epic soundtrack. The bluray version has a making of documentary which in itself is fascinating as they talk about all of the logistical, and socio-economic problems they faced along the way.

I'll do my Mr and Mrs Smith review later

Last edited by lektronimo : 28th December 2009 at 11:26.