View Single Post
Old 5th January 2015, 02:48     #33
MoP

Yep, The F2 multicannons on the mains, and a pair of G1s on the smaller ones. Def does the job, I took down an Anaconda a couple of nights ago.

Mixing fixed and gimballed I found to be a pain, but these def do the trick all together. Other, less wide ships (like the Eagle) or Sidey are better in terms of the laser spread issue.

Also have a chaff launcher, heatsink launcher, and a C2 shield cell bank installed. All good for keeping others' gimballed weapons off you, or bringing your shields back up when you get slapped around a little tooo much.

In the beta I played with the Railgun and the beam lasers on a Sidewinder, which are fun, but draw a lot of power :-/

As for where I got all that stuff, high-tech systems are your best bet. Most of that stuff I got at I think WISE 1506+7027 (Dobrovolskiy Enterprise), which is a loong way from where you are now. You should be able to find something closer though.