View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2004, 11:41     #3
Torka

From the official forums.

Quote:
Blizzard,

You are charging the highest monthly fee to date for your MMORPG.

You are making between $6 MILLION DOLLARS per month on monthly fees alone, in addition to the $20 MILLION DOLLARS from the sale of the game.

That is almost $100 MILLION projected for the first year of operation of this game (assuming you do not sell an expansion pack, which would be another $20 million or more).

Are you telling us that for $100 MILLION DOLLARS you cannot pay for the bandwidth yourselves to provide the patches?
Quote:
"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence" is the quote genuinely describing the patch downloading process for World of Warcraft. Takes this to heart Blizzard. If we're paying $15.00 a month we're going to expect things in return - such as direct downloads to patch files.

Unless you are willing to pay for our internet connections, don't even start to think we will be happy to help you distribute what is your responsibility.

There is no reason a T1 should be grabbing these patches at 2kpbs. Don't tell us it is due to bandwidth problems on our end when it is a complete lack of planning a compotent distribution system on your part. Until you can provide patches with reasonable speed you have no business releasing patches.

There is no reason Blizzard should not be providing the patches to sites such as FilePlanet.com for us to download directly. Blizzard will recieve many less compaints, we'll be able to play the game we are paying for, and it will no longer show all of your incomptence was poured into the patch distribution system of an otherwise exceptional game.

If I leave my computer on tonight I might be able to play tomorrow. After one hour of downloading and suffering from "tracker lost" messages approximately every 2 minutes, I'm at 5% - and frankly I consider myself lucky. Currently this patch will take 20 hours. The downloader should not require me to click "OK" every time it finds/loses a connection before it continues downloading/reconnecting. I can't sit here for 20 hours and do this.

Seeing as of the 250,000 copies sold in the first day 200,000 accounts were created that means $3,000,000 (minimum) is going to start pouring into your accounts. You OWE us a better download system. Finally, quit ignoring this subject. It has been the topic of every third thread for a while now - and you've done nothing. If you don't want massive negative feeback, then fix the problem.
Definitely agreed.