View Single Post
Old 15th June 2010, 20:28     #198
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
If you don't believe me then how do you know what I mean what I say "At least our brownies won't eat your pet dog".
I think you're confusing sensationalistic news reporting for "Having an impact on how I live my life".

Hey lightspeed, which parts of your life are living "asian"? Because, you know, there's just as big an Asian population in NZ as there is Poly (excluding Maori: btw lumping Maori in with Poly is a cop out. One is the aboriginal people of this country, whom we've proactively tried to absorb into every day culture. Of course 'Maori culture' has an impact - but Samoan or Fijian or Tongan is not held in this regard, and do not have any where near the impact you're suggesting they do). And eating Chinese takeaway doesn't mean you're immersed in Malaysian heritage, it just means someones selling you some food.

I still find it hard to believe you honestly think that having a group of people living in a country automatically imparts their history and culture as part of the host nations heritage.

Actually, fuck, there were Chinese here waaaay before there were lots of Islanders (excluding Maori). So, we must be a pretty damn Chinese by now right?