View Single Post
Old 21st June 2011, 19:46     #165
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^BITES^
Yup air comes from your ass and you call it talking. You don't know shit about the technical side so argue the semantics of peoples different understanding of a statement.
Oh this isn't in the semantics space by a million miles. This is firmly in the space of the play-off between acceptable real-world risk versus the sometimes absurdly silly positions taken by subject area experts. This is not an IT specific issue but this type of problem sure is manifest within a typical IT department.

The phraseology for this situation is to observe that the SME lacks the necessary commercial acumen to make a decision. Typically this problem is dealt with by restricting the types of decisions the SME is allowed to make. Their moderated opinions are of course taken into account by others who make big decisions.

It's now clear that you simply don't understand, likely don't want to understand, and almost certainly are not able to understand. If this discussion were to continue you'd keep repeating your view that nothing is secure. And, I'd be forced to continue to try to help you understand that this doesn't actually matter.

But the discussion won't continue unless another takes up the gauntlet because I'm now convinced that you need help well beyond the level I am prepared to tender.

Last edited by Golden Teapot : 21st June 2011 at 19:47.