View Single Post
Old 25th September 1999, 01:04     #14
dev

Boyd - similar situation happened to me on Dominion Road a while back. Dev goes to turn right into Landscape Rd (indicator flashing and all the other stuff). Other car waiting on Landscape Rd to turn right onto Dominion Rd (at a stop sign). As I start turning and get halfway through my turn she decides to turn...end result..BANG !!!

Filed a claim with NZI and get the car fixed (we had full insurance), end of matter. 1 year later NZI ring us to have us pay the excess and most of the bill. Dev replies "Ride my GoAt loverboy !!!" As it turns out the insurance company couldn't track her down to extract the readies (she lied to me when we exchanged details). I tell the insurance company that they can go screw themselves and get their money back themselves as I pay the premiums not them !!!

6 months later dev and wifey sit in a small claims court waiting for the elusive car pranger to show, we swap small talk with the judge and pick our noses. She doesn't show. The judge says something like "Well she didn't show so NZI can screw the bitch for all she's worth !!!"

End of story.

Moral #1 - Insure yourself to the hilt
Moral #2 - Even your own insurance company will screw you, let alone the opposition's company
Moral #3 - Small Claims is definitely worth it, once that decision is made in your favour it gets mighty expensive and real messy to have it overturned
Moral #4 - NZI suck major ass, after that incident I told our agent to piss off and went with AMP for 1/4 the premiums and got a nice bonus of shares when they listed

Got GoAt?