View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2003, 19:01     #118
Mutton

Re: I could not understand this

Quote:
Originally posted by Akane
I have some outstanding fines with the police, now they seized a car, without notifying me... the problem is, they seized a car that I don't own. The car is under someone elses name, is that even possible? They decided to write that I have an expired rego as well (they probably throw away my new rego, and used my old ones to display since i stack the old ones behind the new one), added another $500 worth of fines just for the hell of it as well.

The question is, can I just go up to the courts and say "look, you got the wrong car, give it back"?

Expired rego does not = $500 fine

I'm pretty sure that from the discussion in this thread, your car was confiscated due to "Sustained loss of traction" I don't think it matters who actually owns the car, even if your mums name is on it as the owner so you can get cheap insurance.

You skid in the car and get caught, you lose the car. It's your fault, and if it is infact your mums turbo charged mr2 with "NO GRIP" number plate, that means she should be mighty upset with you for skidding her car and getting it confiscated (cool mum btw.) If it is your car, then I doubt your mum gives a shit about you losing it. Infact, if she was a good mother she would be very upset with you for endangering your life, and pedestrian life for a cheap thrill.

Sliding out @ 20kph in an mr2 ... you're either a shit driver, or a shit drifter. Honestly, I've driven for over 6 years now, I've driven an mr2-t and currently drive a skyline-t ... I find it really hard to imagine sliding out @ 20kph without having either gassed it intentionally to slide around the corner, or being really bad at driving. Pothole or no pothole, wet or dry.