View Single Post
Old 28th January 2004, 23:56     #154
cyc
Objection!

Re: Nice one Simon.

Quote:
Originally posted by D2D.Moo

So why don't you all go back to being the passive society that I am sad to live in. The passive society that is the reason why I wrote the letter in the first place, because the majority can not think or act for themselves.

Now go back to your little posting of 'owned' pictures.
You might think that you've "changed" NZ advertising standards, but you haven't. At best, that ad won't be screened again, but equally tasteless and stupid ads will keep popping up. Incidentally, this leads me to the point that merely because a bunch of people agreed with you that the ad is offensive, it doesn't guarantee that is is OBJECTIVELY so.

Just like you continue to insist that calling people "niggers" isn't offensive, others in a free and democratic society has just as much right to contest the meaning and apparent offensiveness (or not) of this and other ads.

Therefore, some people might actually be able to get over certain things and reasonably conclude that it's best to lvie and let live. That position can be arisen upon due to reasoned disagreement with your particular stance. But, true to your nature, you just have to assume that your stance is naturally the right one, because you know best!

Gosh, what a paragon of virtue you are. Keep telling yourself that it's ok to call people "niggers"!

Last edited by cyc : 28th January 2004 at 23:58.