View Single Post
Old 28th January 2004, 23:40     #152
D2D.Moo

Nice one Simon.

Apparently simon thought it would be a good idea to ban me from posting in this thread. Nice.

Quote:
most maori I know aren't offended by the term nigger.. much like the terms geek or morange don't offend me
Regarding the original 'owning' that Simon alluded to in his first post; there is a difference between being called a 'morange' and having your entire self-worth being openly mocked on television.

I have been called 'morange' for at least a decade now and if anyone thinks it's a witty insult or even particularly harmful they are wrong. Only idiots in general (apart from friends in jest) use the term, when their mental capacity negates the possibility of coming up with an effective mock.

This is an entirely different ball-park to degrading an entire group of people to sell a few litres of alcohol. This is an entirely different ball-park from teaching young children to belittle other children on the basis of appearance. I thought Simon might have been intelligent enough to grasp this, obviously not.

Also regarding those who are apparently mocking the fact what I have done is in the newspapers. I saw something I thought was wrong. Through the writing of a simple letter I have changed advertising standards, which will affect any advertisement in NZ from henceforth. I have changed what you will see. I have changed what you will read. Because I felt something was not right, the chances that an advertisement or programme appearing on television being pejorative of redheads is very slim. And you mock me behind a computer? You mock me when the largest thing you have ever done is decided to pursue an IT diploma?

So why don't you all go back to being the passive society that I am sad to live in. The passive society that is the reason why I wrote the letter in the first place, because the majority can not think or act for themselves.

Now go back to your little posting of 'owned' pictures.

Last edited by D2D.Moo : 28th January 2004 at 23:43.