Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2020, 16:07     #517
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Also, Boris Johnson is to be intubated. Survival chances now at 50-60%.
Life comes at you fast. March 4:

Quote:
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the coronavirus won't stop him greeting people with a handshake, adding that he had shaken hands with everyone at a hospital where he said infected patients were being treated.

Australia and France recommended that people do not shake hands to prevent the spread of the virus, while Switzerland has said its residents should consider dropping the everyday greeting of kissing each other on the cheek.

Mr Johnson, however, exhibited no such caution.

“I’m shaking hands,” the Prime Minister said when asked how he planned to handle visiting dignitaries.

“I was at a hospital the other night where I think a few there were actually coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know, and I continue to shake hands."
I am reminded of Eric Weinstein's anger on Ep 1453 of Joe Rogan's podcast, in which he describes our "governing class" as being fundamentally unqualified to help us through this shit. The mindset and skills that are required to make it to the top of the political heap in a 21st century democracy mean that such people are of absolutely no use in a disaster like this.