Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2002, 18:36     #71
PelemaN

oic

well hey while your all talking about your tf historys
ill talk about a tf legacy, a god, a man named kahn.

this is a story of excessive skill and a copious amount of controversy.

june 9th 1998 - a king is born (rob gets quake shareware)
after numerous attempts at getting past the first level in shareware
i felt it was time to move on into easier things (multiplayer)
i had heard people at my school talking about quake "online"
i had my 4.95 an hour internet connection FUCK HEY I CAN DO THIS SHIT, so i go and purchase (yer purchase) quake the full version,

** you mite laff i actually paid for quake, but i'm not a seasoned computer person you see, we had moved from South Auckland to a small town i hated so i had to find something to do **

so on my p166 16 mb of edo ram and 2.5 gig hard drive i hastidly join quake.camtech.net.au (a person on my icq list told me it) and i'm playing on the final map where you kill shub niggurath, its a FFA on an au server, i have 800 ping 5 fps and hey life is great, i get -22 frags, and thout i was on fire.

on i keep playing eventually finding out camtech was an au server and ping gets explained to me so i realise HEY FUCK THIS IM TOO COOL FOR THIS LETS FIND AN NZ SERVER, i try the ctf server, i do real well with a dynamic score of -23 (the graple was real confusing) i was still using arrow keys and keyboard, but what the fuck, i hear about tf after reading about it on games.clear.net.nz webpage so i download it after 135098315908019835091350135 hours of confusion and figuring out how to work winzip and what it was i eventually get quake installed i join a server and i loved it. games3.clear.net.nz was to be my shrine for the next 4 or so months, i was amazed at snipers and hwo they could shoot people that were running, i thout this was electric because when your a keyboard only user that kinda shit is impossible.

so as every good newbie does after month he looks for a clan, i get invited by someone named TWISTER i see him spamming

IF YOU WANNA JOIN XTREME EMAIL [email protected]
its odd i still remember that email.

i didnt end up emailing him but i mite up with a good guy named heartworm, he gets me into his new up and comming clan [MOI] and his co-leader cerbius and i become great friends he teaches me the wonder of using a mouse then when i get real advanced i get a zoom script instead of +zoom

*** i'm still real shit at tf at this time ***

moi as all good new clans do disband without playing a game i thout HEY WHAT THE FUCK IM TOO COOL FOR THIS and as every good shit player but thinks they'er good does goes and creates a clan, yes thats correct, NBK, my first member i recruited was - (uncanny as it seems) digriz, then i keep picking up members incubus was the 2nd (he died not long ago in a water accident) corrupt (would later be a great friend in real life) loony (...) holybaby and a few others

we played 1 game and we won it i cant even remember the name of the clan, i think shoyu was the leader

we lost the first map and i was disgusted as every good leader does i say ALL QUIT AND GOTO ICQ
so we all goto icq and enter a chat
i give an insperational COME ON GUYS WE MUST WIN THEESE 2 MAPS speech... and we won demoz and sewer1 ( i think its sewer) to clench a remarkable come from behind victory, i thout HEY I LIKE THIS SHIT THIS IS COOL ENUFF FOR ME so as every good new clan does we disbanded.

i got over it thou then the same night we disbanded so did a clan called WAR (refer to mrtttt's talk about the great "war" or so it seemed) and gr33nkn1ght << (leet speak) asked me to join his clan [GOD] now god would be the clan that was going to OWN NEW ZEALAND we go and have a practise and we were an efficient well oiled machine from day one. there was a guy "captain seagull" there and he kept team killing, so gr33nknight in a fit of rage tells every player to goto the basement and DONT KILL, now when your new this kinda shit is important, its team building rite. so were all in the basement and we have to hold our axes out and hes standing in the middle
giving us a talk, then seagull pulls out his nailgun and lais into gr33nknight, creating a chain reaction we all start shooting eachother while greenknight is going mental at us, we played in the se2 tournament losing to com 200 - 0 x-es by more and other clans beating us by large margins (but those 2 had the more obese totals) but hey as every good clan that loses does, we disbanded.

rite, now i become kahn_of_noclan, i ask to join x-es but i get laughed out of the picture, but hey who cares i'm to cool for that anyway. so i go and be clanless for a month, then eventually x-es disband after the se2 tournament and i approach slime to join com and after a unanemous vote my day had come, com said no, the pride was hurt but i said HEY FUCK IT IM TOO COOL FOR YOU ANYWAY

while all this dissapointment is happenning i go and buy myself a brand spanking packard bell celeron 400 64 meg of ram and a 4meg ati rage 3d card ( i eventually upgrade to a voodoo 2) this tank helped me become a "good sniper"

after some time pow had formed and the clan wars had begun, yurning to join in i approach com again, slime somehow got me into com, i join as a engineer (i had never engineered before but i lied and said it was my main class cos i knew com was looking for one... hey we've all done it.. rite?) but pow ask me to join too (cos they knew i had axx to the world-net server and that was their true motive.) also i was the 4th member in pow but i left after 2 days mrtttt was just too weird for me. so i choose com over pow and had a great time winning clan matches was a great feeling, we all went to the com lan and i met corrupt and fanatic and became great friends with them as too with firestorm, shadow, porkfest, festus, time passes and as all great clans do we disband, so i'm clanless but when you've been in a good clan once its much easier finding another clan, mighty mouse from com makes a clan called s2, his co-leader vortex and me started chatting and got along real well. we played pow and lost 220 - 0 and as all good new clans do we disband.

for some mystical reason (mrtttt does explain why it happenned but at the time it was so weird because pow seemed to do so well) pow disbanded this was great for my cause, adunaphel from com started DOW (the 2nd time this clan had come around) and i joined that along with insanity, mrtttt, alpine, corrupt and a few others, we make our mark as the #1 clan in NZ and for the first time i'm the shit. adunaphel leaves and we go with the "no leader rule" we eventually play alot of au clans having some great games but eventually fall due to egos, we disband in december 1999 leaving me wondering to keep playing tf, i take a 3 month break not talking to anyone accept my good friend vortex, and we eventually decide to come back, vortex in clan DE (shoyus clan) along with all my clan mates from DOW, i can see the were yurning for a greater leader, someone with pizaz, ** step in kahn ** i poach all their players and disband DE to form clan LAH in march 2000

and since then we idle in #lah on gamesnet

i wont go into the TFC section of lah (as its not that great we got to #2 in nz and australia but never could take bbq...)

i've dabbled in qwdm becomming quite amazing (but its me so its natural...)

playing warcraft 3 now.

past names:

da_6th_sense
griffin
kahn
kahn--t--
kahnstinator
xzibit
pele
peleman
pelle

most respected player: