Thread: Random Politics
View Single Post
Old 12th December 2014, 15:21     #2953
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Well we could start with how getting pregnant, giving birth, raising children is not an economic decision in any species, humans are no exception. In fact in resource distress humans tend to have more children, in resource abundance we have less.

And that's just a start, before we even begin considering any values and principles we might hold as a society and the reasons we hold those values.
humans do a lot of shit that doesnt make sense. we are all in control of what we choose to do with the hand we are dealt though (well except the loonies) so i have a lot of trouble feeling much pity for someone with a seasonal job who has 4 kids to feed, especially if they are adding to that brood when they know they cant afford it.

or actually i should say i dont have a problem with that- i would only have a problem if they made a big fuss out of it. people who bellyache on campbell live about how they should be able to get by with their 6 kids on a shitty income are the ones who annoy me.

and yes, its natural to want kids, blah blah blah. so? people quell urges to do shit all the time. just today i had to quell the urge to reverse into some stupid woman who stopped to chat on her phone -while- standing behind my parking spot. instead i yelled at her.