Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 10th April 2007, 04:09     #270
Anthony.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodan
Hmm, why not?
Partly because it's a pretty predictable thing to say, I've heard it so many times from people who've lost that blame the grens, then proceed to say the mod lacks aim. Then when you do give them a go without grens they end up finishing by blaming class speed/reloads etc and then proceed to challenge you to a game of DM.

Quote:
Gotta say I think Superman is right here, take rax as an example, a stalwart of the vq, then qw, qwctf communities - switches to tf and after his skills were noticed played for nz's premiere clans against the australians.
As much as I respected and liked rax it wasn't exactly a premiere clan, and without trying to insult him he still had work to do (which was natural, considering he was playing a foreign mod).

And I actually got to play with him during that time Azmodan.

Quote:
I dont think it could work the other way, aside from the cream of the crop, alpine etc most tfers would get raped by the faster paced gameplay of qw.
This is where the argument fails (imo), it's assuming a TF player is automatically unfamiliar with other mods/hasn't experienced anything outside TF.

Granted, TF did have it's fair share of 'casual' players but they only survived on pub, they couldn't survive in a competitive environment. And unfortunately, this whole argument is coming from those who either never experienced many first class games or didn't experience a clan game at all.

I don't totally disagree, but I don't fully agree either as I feel it's a popular 'blonde' generalization. Especially when it comes from people who haven't really played the game properly, yet are quite happy to give a historical review.