View Single Post
Old 14th September 2022, 11:48     #51
Cyberbob

I absolutely loved Overwatch, it got me back into FPS's after years of not playing then, but I stopped playing it the instant they changed two things about Quick Play:

Class limits, and map rotations.

Class limits. If we want to play a game full of tanks, why the heck are they stopping us. It's not competitive mode, it's the classic jump in and have fun quick play. If there's no healers or tanks and everyone wants to be DPS, oh well, it's not competitive, it's a bit of fun. You know what's not fun? Being forced into a tiny subset of characters, with no option to swap mid game. Playing a Mercy and getting bored, and a Reaper is keen to heal? No can do.

And then final nail in the coffin - Map rotation, or the lack of one. Who the hell decided to kick everyone out after a single map, and force them to queue back up to play again.
They changed Quick Play from being a perpetual map rotation to being a one-shot game with no map rotation. After years of playing FPS's online, I still don't know what the hell they were smoking. No one sticks around to get revenge next map, and there's no opportunity to play against the same people, or build a miniature sense of single serving community. That Mercy that you teamed up with for the clutch win last map used to became your best friend for the day, but no more.

It's sucked all the fun out of it.

Dead Game, and I don't have high hopes for Overwatch 2.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 14th September 2022 at 11:49.