View Single Post
Old 4th October 2018, 15:30     #41231
[Malks] Pixie

His English is heavily accented but perfectly understandable (footage from a different conference). Also looking at the presentation he has there it's simple, but perfectly fine for the purpose - so he is competent in powerpoint (or one of his post-grads or TA's are).

As a professional appraisal I can think of a couple of ways he could have re-framed the information he was presenting but he would have had to hold back on drawing the conclusions he did. Also those last couple of pages would just have to go - they have no place in a presentation like this and any good insights he had would have been undermined. Finally, and most importantly, this was not the forum to be presenting this material. At all. Write it up properly, get it peer reviewed and present it at an actual conference and link it to his work on second generation citation algorithms.

As it stands it's basically political theatre dressed up as a scientific presentation.

[As a side note this consultancy gig is pretty cool and going well - not self sustaining as yet and I need to get some new clients, but my results and feedback from clients has been great!]

Last edited by [Malks] Pixie : 4th October 2018 at 15:32.