View Single Post
Old 20th June 2011, 09:33     #156
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
<Generic Manager Waffle>
Yep - the pigeon might die. But it's not a useful position to take. There is a chance of most things happening.
<Generic Manager Waffle>
So still trying to talk around the fact that NOTHING is secure, change tact, same shit. You've just said yourself (AGAIN) "There is a chance", being unlikely doesn't make the possibility vanish duuurrrrr ... possibility != Completely secure with no chance of breach, e.g. "Nothing is secure" Christ do you need this in crayon?

Especially in this particular case of a web facing internet service which this was specifically referred to (and you still haven't posted anything worth reading on that point ... you're currently arguing semantics of the statement). I'm not exactly shocked here ... you sound like a manager quoting computerworld like you're best mates with Bill Gates because you upgraded to windows 7 at home this weekend.

You've gone from best practice to "what is most likely" again .. failing the actual point of the statement (and more so understanding what it meant to this particular issue, still haven't posted anything worth reading on that ....). It is a commonly used term for security (similar to "if you can [physically] touch it security is breached), because only fucking idiots believe they can achieve 100% secure environment (especially where user interaction is required!!!). You clearly fit this bill, and like living in that dream world, continue I don't care. A lot of companies lately have enjoyed that kind of stupid biting them in the ass. Quite the show tbh.

As I've said before I don't care to argue the semantics of a commonly used IT security statement/best practice here, more so arguing a statement used by people with a lot higher IQ's and pay rates than myself! Especially with someone that clearly knows fuck all about it ... baselessly arguing semantics.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by ^BITES^ : 20th June 2011 at 09:35.