Thread: Ethereum
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2021, 19:43     #737
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know me.
What have you purchased with Bitcoin or any other crypto "currency" ?
I bought some gold at goldmoney.com a while back (2014?), back when I first started mining and wanted to "store my value" without the volatility. Storage fees were introduced 9-12 months ago and ate my balance though, so it ended up disappearing. I got about $120 worth, it was a little over 2g at the time - my first gold purchase - the value of the BTC is probably about $1200 today, even with the dip. The gold is probably worth about $200 at today's rates. Lesson learned (if you don't hold the gold, it's not your gold).

I was going to buy a computer at newegg.com about 3 months ago, but the wallet I was using failed to recognise the receiving address after I placed the order and it lapsed - I have since transferred the balance into a wallet that wasn't from 2014. Newegg accepts crypto.

I've sent money overseas, both via Ab who passed the $ on to my friend, and to a Russian skank's throwaway address that bought weed with it in exchange for being nasty on Skype [being honest here].

And today I appear to have just bought a whole lot of NZD, so I guess that counts. You could say in a roundabout way I bought solar panels for my house, a few computers, and some bonus cash. If you're doubting that it's "real", it's real. Yes, it's volatile, but don't doubt that there is a small portion of the world that accepts it. Easycrypto.ai hooked me up to sell it, they're really good if anyone wants to cash out into "real" money.

I know people who buy pills on the dark web, but I hate going to court, so I don't do that.