View Single Post
Old 1st October 2022, 19:30     #394
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
So you’re saying NATO would prefer nuclear war (and probable escalation) to a conventional one. Mmmkay. Go and watch the 1984 film Threads to get a handle on what nuclear war really looks like.
again. Not my words.

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/09/3...n-biden-putin/
Quote:
NATO and Ukraine both believe that the Russian forces, even after receiving the 300,000 mobilized troops, will not be able to defeat Ukraine. This inability to achieve the desired objectives, they believe, will compel Russia to resort to the use of tactical nuclear weapons on Ukrainian targets in order to break the will to resist on the part of the Zelensky government.

Nuclear Postures

The reality, however, is that Russian nuclear doctrine does not allow for such a scenario. Indeed, there are only two conditions where Russian nuclear doctrine permits the employment of nuclear weapons.

No 1. “[i]n response to the use of nuclear and other types of weapons of mass destruction against it and/or its allies,” the 2020 Russian Nuclear Posture document states, or

No 2. “in the event of aggression against the Russian Federation with the use of conventional weapons when the very existence of the state is in jeopardy.”

U.S. nuclear posture, however, does allow it.

“[T]he United States will maintain the range of flexible nuclear capabilities,” the 2018 U.S. Nuclear Posture Review (NPR) declared, “needed to ensure that nuclear or non-nuclear aggression against the United States, allies, and partners will fail to achieve its objectives and carry with it the credible risk of intolerable consequences for potential adversaries now and in the future.”

Nuke em to ensure they fail in their even non-nuclear aggression against an ally. Which very soon will mean Russia removing Ukrainian terrorists from Russian federation.