View Single Post
Old 14th February 2021, 13:04     #42363
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
I revived an old Mac Mini 2,1 that was stuck with shitty OS X 10.4.x and a spinning disk. SSL was broken, no update server, and the limit for that model is 10.7.x which is an impediment anyway.

Got the latest Debian testing ISO (with UEFI + legacy boot), maxed out the RAM (3GB) and put in an SSD. Had to go and buy CD-Rs (no USB boot on that model), but after installing grub-efi it even boots up fine without having to drop to grub command line from a boot CD.

Runs Renoise and Visual Studio Code fine, plays 1080p movies and saved it from being sent to landfill. Anything with Gigabit Ethernet is good enough for me! $30 well spent.
that's really neat, 1080p streaming is usually the only requirement on my end. i've repurposed a bunch of old tech for acquaintances by slamming a SSD onto the SATA interface and using open source for the OS.

alternatively, use code "BFTYC" for 30% off on a Global Windows 10 Pro license from https://www.vip-scdkey.com/software/...m_1227-20.html

^^^ i've done this a dozen times in the last 2 years with no issues(activation or future updates). for about a decade(*1.5) the various acquaintances scoffed at the several hundred dollar price tag to run MS legit. i never enjoyed using a KMS hack and i have no idea how these legit keys are generated but they do work. a lot of tech youtube channels promote this site(and also urcdkeys.com) so figured i'd drop some knowledge. sharing=caring