View Single Post
Old 16th November 2017, 20:41     #9
Blizzard

Ok, so his birthday is this Sunday (finally!)...and I'm about 15hrs into Zelda now lol, opps! It's all the name of QA testing, and as it turns out we possibly have a faulty right controller battery (goes flat quickly), but there's too much at stake this weekend (e.g. 4 player Mario) to send it away for a replacement just yet.

Anyway, Zelda...wow, I haven't felt this way about a game since probably OOT (which I never finished, /shame) and my initial feelings playing WoW (and DaoC to a lesser extent) for the first time. It's just the sheer vastness of the world, how 'alive' it all feels, and the desire to just go out there an explore and adventure. I never thought I'd feel that way in a SP game again, even trying games with far 'superior gfx' like the Witcher (3) or GTA didn't make me feel this way.

I'm playing only in handheld at the moment, but am keen to see how it looks when we hook it up to the TV on Sunday finally. And I will continue mostly playing handheld as it's realistically the only way I've managed to play so much now - the instant start up back into the game and off I go. As a husband and dad, I just don't have the time to get downstairs to the main entertainment room, boot up the PS4 and sound system etc. With the switch I'm gaming almost instantly.

I can't wait to see his reaction, he's seen a quick demo over my shoulder but I want to see him starting his own game for the first time and the wonder in eyes.

Last edited by Blizzard : 16th November 2017 at 20:44.