Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 9th September 2020, 17:14     #1162
Cyberbob

It's a tough one that I have opinions about, but i know people far more versed in both religious studies and science that would be better at explaining the problems than I.

I don't feel like someone could be faithful in their heart and mind to so many concepts that should be considered true by someone devoted to religion, especially a religion such as Christianity. Basic concepts. Creation versus evolution. Genesis versus Big Bang, young earth versus old earth.

I'm not expecting science to disprove God, that's not where the burden of proof lies. But I'm also not expecting religion to have any desire to prove God to a scientific certainty, when a faithful certainty is evident through one's own interpretation of observation. 'I exist, therefore God exists' would probably be good enough for that person.

Is it simply a sliding scale, with faith on one side and science on the other? Or are there two independent sliders, allowing someone to be both a Priest or Rabbi, as well as professionally an evolutionary biologist or physicist with zero hypocrisy.