Thread: Ethereum
View Single Post
Old 24th April 2023, 05:47     #1223
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Investing in crypto is just investing in mental illness

Be warned. And for the record, I didn't punish myself. My gut said no (not enough potential upside taking into account friction/fees/spread). Even if the technology/system is viable, there's no reason it has to be worth any specific amount. It's all confidence and greed. The system is just as useful and functional at $1 as it is as $1000. When the lines go up sharply, and then drop sharply, as we've just seen, that's people playing the game how it should be played if you're hoping to make profit. Regularly making 5-10% from suckers in a low interest environment is better than being a sucker hoping to make 10x gains.

For context, I just watched The Billion Dollar scam, which although looks to be entirely a scam, was based around crypto. Whether they did on-chain transactions or just took money and showed digits, what's the difference, really? You can't force anyone to give you money for your digits. With a cameo by Ukraine. The takeaway from it is that law enforcement don't care when you lose your money, and no one's getting it back for you. The winners are criminals, and the losers are people hoping to get money for nothing.