View Single Post
Old 13th August 2023, 16:28     #11781
wazza
*flex*

Had the 5th race of the Auckland Xterra 2023 Trail series this morning at Waiuku Forrest. Was a shade over 12kms, conditions were perfect. Amazing trail really enjoyed myself. Had my best result yet(still not doing any running/training for this series specifically), finished 20th in my class, 40th male overall, and 48th out of the 314 that entered this specific distance/race. Really pleased with myself, I could tell I was doing well because it felt like I came out fast and you can tell by looking at my heart rate data compared with the other races that was the case and obviously looking at the km pacing chart you can see it. Only a couple of people over took me and I managed to overtook some really strong competitors more than once and hold them off to the finish line, the chick who came 2nd in our age group comes to mind, surprised I got her back two times during the race and managed to finish strong to hold her off. Can't believe how much fun I am having doing this series and how fucken high I feel afterwards, so much better than drugs, haha. Had a guy talk to me in the carpark afterwards from the same race, we had to park several km's away so I'm guessing because I was already at my car he was curious how I got on, he had finished 3rd overall, chatted to him a few mins and he runs an 8km loop where he lives a few times a week and that's all the training he does, I think for next season(I'll be in the Masters category as I turn 40) I'll do similar training because I think I can do really well, especially seeing as I will be in the next age bracket, no excuses, heh.