View Single Post
Old 4th February 2020, 22:10     #36240
MadMax
Stuff

Thought I'd give this new 105 number for the police a go to report a car left parked on the road outside our house with the window down. Nothing otherwise untoward but it had been there for quite a few hours already and with darkness falling it would be bound to become another crime statistic. Not to mention the approaching rain.

After a few minutes of waiting I get transferred then 20 minutes later I get report the problem. After checking if it was a vehicle of interest they weren't at all interested in contacting the owner of the car.

I pointed out to them that it'd be in their own interests to contact the owner to save a crime but was more or less fobbed off.

The weird thing is however despite that, someone who must have been the owner turned up several minutes later and left again after securing the car so the police must have made contact with the owner. Just daft. Why tell me there's nothing they can do when in fact there is and they did? I'm not convinced the owner suddenly remembered their window was down - they were in work uniform.

Had the same happen with a car that was left literally in my driveway. Police said it was a council issue. Council then said nah it was a police issue. I gave up then next thing a tow truck turns up and takes it away.

Last edited by MadMax : 4th February 2020 at 22:11.