Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2002, 20:37     #22
g ø f u r b ø y

Big Smile

YAY!

Love reminisce threads!

Well... I started around end of '98, a friend of mine (Vickrin/Shadow Fox) found the mod, and we all went round to his place so he could show us. It ended up in a trip to the Warehouse where 4 of us bought Quake each .

We all had this server, but I can't quite remember it...
/runs into room next door to get dictionary and checks back- Yeah well I had to write the servers down and that was the closest thing

Quake.mind.org - It was a mega server... In America :P
300 ping, and we thought it was the best thing on earth!
Then we found some australian servers and I was on them constantly... So much we thought we would make a clan.

TB - Remember it?
Yeah it was one of those crappy newbie type clans - But we were in the first OZTF (OTFCR), and I think we came about 40-50 something... Hey there were 80 clans back then!

Then one day, I searched something in altavista, and there was a link to the NZTF player site (silva's old one I believe) and we looked at some of the players info and seen a favourite server... Needless to say we all joined immediatley to games3

When we got in there we seen [COM]Slime, and he hooked us up with links to all the nztf stuff and set us all up really... THANK YOU SLIME!!

Umm we played 1 or 2 games against NZ clans (don't remember who), but we were still playing Oz clans cause the otfcr.

TB lasted for about a year, and mainly disbanded cause my friends (Ahobus, Nightmare, Psycho-Bob, Vickrin, and Raven) were all moving away from TF and some because of such bad School Cert results, hehehehe... Boy that was bad

Umm... I then joined ICK formed by... Umm... Vampyro that's it, in 2000.
Don't remember playing that many clan games for them, but I was used to make the webpage mainly anyway :/

Ummm then I had a long break from TF... about 8 months :O!

And then I had a few on off games last year... Bursary ate up my time last year...

But now I am back!
Yay!
And I have seen all these new things like Bunnyhopping and no chasing rules and all these other weird littles things like DM rules in TF (backpedalling = big wussy pants) but I don't care... I'M PLAYING TF AGAIN! \/\/007!

Yeah that's about it.

I will never forget the days where I used to spend 10 minutes trying to connect to the games3 server on friday nights as it was full, and you had to wait for a time-out or someone to leave .

And playing all night and waiting for the TV signal to say it was time to sleep - When the 0900 40 40 40 ad played about 4 times in the same ad break .

And when people used to spam "0900 40 40 40" everytime the ad was on, LOL

And Canalzon on games3 with a full server - Best map on the whole rotation when the server was full!

And BvR's!!!

Now look at what you have done Jonan!
You got me living in the past again