View Single Post
Old 21st October 1999, 20:49     #112
S1:Carnage

well, i must admit, that at first, i thought that BOYD was probably being a bit hard on the guy, but after reading the whole forum, all i can say, is that he deserves to be beaten with a stick, a big spikey one.

Just as an aside, (you'll have to excuse me for this, i just read the whole forum right now, courtesy of Zenge, so this is really another story being added to the ones regarding the piggys that were made at the beggining of the discussion)

Me and my mate Louis (none of you know him) were on our way to see Starwars (the first one they made, but the updated version) when it got re-released a couple of years back, and we were standing in the island bay bus stop, right down the bottom by the terminus fish supply store (this is wellington now) and these cops wearing full on body armour and stuff started surrounding the bus stop, and encroaching on us, (there were more people in the stop than just me and louis) and suddenly, they were like right next to us (they didn't do a very good job of sneaking up, i spotted them miles off) with their guns pulled pointing them at us, they stood there yelling "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!!!! NOW!!!! GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!!!" (we are being held at gun point by the police here folks) so of course, logically, i don't just get on the ground - why would i? i haven't done anything wrong. so i stood there yelling "WHO DO YOU WANT TO GET ON THE GROUND?????" and they just yelled the same thing back, and i yelled the same thing back at them, repeat four or five times till everyone in the bus stop is on the ground, then they frisked us, let us back up, explained that they are allowed to do this under act "blah blah blah blah" (can't remember the details) apparently, there was someone in the neighborhood on the loose with a gun.

i reckon they could make adrenaline adventures out of the police "Be held at gunpoint!!! only $75!!!"

y'all probably don't care, but just making the point that NZ police do use guns!