Thread: computer shops
View Single Post
Old 14th July 2005, 09:55     #287
DMZ_Chainsaw

Thumbs down supercheappc

Just wanted to let you know of my experience as a walk in customer to this shop.

Wanted a replacement 2.5" 40GB HD for laptop so checked at pricespy, noted their price and qty = good. So drove over (short distance) and walked in. Sales girl was reasonably nice but said no stock (WTF?) come back in 2 hours as courier is delivering new stock.

OK, so I waited 4 hours, then tried calling them to see if stock is in yet. Amazing, press 2 to speak to sales person and line goes silent. Tried calling several times same result (bang head on brick wall).

Drove over to shop again - four people in shop doing various jobs and a person who seem to be the owner said nope, no 2.5" HD yet. I asked how am I suppose to check if they arrive if their phone doesn't work the whole day. Gave me some spiel about all lines engaged etc. Doesn't seem interested to serve me at all.

Not going back there again... any savings that could be made was lost by wasting my time and petrol.

I'm off to PBTECH now. Might be a bit further away but heck they respond with speed and their Ops manager is way more helpful and customer friendly.