View Single Post
Old 6th August 2020, 13:46     #11657
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LvN]N3misiS
"Feelings mean fuck all. We're upgrading the tools now" ahahaha, for those of you in blissful Aotearoa COVID isolation, that's what an Adelaide accent sounds like.

One of the biggest eyeopeners for me is the knowledge that I am not working super hard or anything. My main focus is still job-hunting (and all the networking and interviewing it takes, jesus christ) and then there's bringing up two kids and being a good dad and partner, and reading all the books in my queue. Those are the biggies and fitness is something that happens around the edges. It's not like I've set a goal of joining the SAS and now I have to train 24/7. I'm just eating better, watching calories, not drinking as much alcohol, keeping carbs to a minimum, doing more cardio exercise, and my body feels ten - fifteen - years younger than it did in May. I guess what I'm saying is... it's not fucking rocket surgery. Hardest bit is fighting the Poly urge to convert fat to muscle mass.

Still funny even just reading this page. Seeing July me feeling good about being sub-100 and aiming for 98.5. Now the thought of being 98.5 is horrifying.