View Single Post
Old 7th July 2020, 01:28     #11649
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Cheers Jodi

MHG's birthday yesterday, had birthday food and cake. 100+ again today no big, I know I'll be back under within 24-36 hours. I want to be 98.5 by Thurs.

I now stick pretty much to the guidelines of Michael Moseley's "Fast 800" diet. Basically as few carbs (especially sugar) as possible, eating protein and good fat is ok (fuck yeah cheese and peanuts and yoghurt) BUT stick under 800 kcalories total per day, lots of cardio and some resistance training, and I don't eat anything between 8pm and midday (jeez I'm drinking a lot of black coffee). Other than yesterday's birthday cheat day I basically haven't eaten bread or potatoes or anything sweet in over two months.

Other lessons learned: alcohol fucking sucks, it has WAY more of a hit than just the caloric value of the drink, it's like it distracts my body from burning anything I've eaten and that food just turns straight into weight gain; sleep and water make an incredible impact, I've had days of breaking the diet but maxing out sleep and water and the weight still fell off.

Man, Maori genes make it tough though. My body wants to go from big and soft to big and hard, trying to lose mass is totally different and waaaay harder for me.