View Single Post
Old 2nd November 1999, 18:33     #164
Bringoutyerdead

More news

I've spoken to my panelbeaters, and they say they've got final authorisation from NZI to go ahead with the repairs at their expense. He's gonna put it in writing for me in the morning. BTW- just for fun, I mentioned the name Graham Edwards to him and he laughed; apparently he's a bit of a wanker of course, I already knew that.

I just got a call back from Graham, and it was more of the same. NZI has changed it's mind. 2 weeks ago I got a letter saying they admit liability. I get a phonecall from NZI saying they've authorised repairs, my panelbeater says 'bring it in'.

So I take it in, it gets fixed.

Now, a week later, NZI is turning around and changing it's mind?!?! I'm sorry, they can't do that.

I told him it was ridiculous for them to say it was ok for me to take my car in, that they would pay the costs, and then to turn around and say they changed their minds.

You can't *admit* and then change your mind you either admit it, or you don't. They already have, and it's not something you can just go back on.

Graham told me that it didn't matter, because NZI was not going to pay the account. His exact wording was "whether it's right or not, we are not going to pay the account".

Riiiight.

The guy is full of shit. Up until now, I thought that NZI had handled itself reasonably well; considering the fact that their client has been a vindictive asshole.

Now, however, it seems they are just as full of shit as Mr. O'Neill himself. If Mike does make a claim to the Disputes Tribunal (yeah right, he's gotta be suicidal), then I'll take a great deal of pleasure in showing the Referee just how shady the two parties have been in settling this matter.

More to come, no doubt