Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 26th June 2007, 07:31     #288
DRa1N

Hmmmm

I can't exactly remember when I started playing TF. All I remember was playing Quake and then finally getting the net at some point and started playing quake online, then someone mentioned TF so I checked it out and downloaded all the crap to go with it, got hooked pretty quick. Played under a few names, finally settled on Ice Man and eventually started short lived Clan ICE.

Joined numerous clans throughout my TF time I think, one I can remember was SC. Page is still up at http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~newmdj/ password for the members area is still 'command' heh. Oh the joys of being an arrogant teenager who thought his parents were cruel and unfair back then. Makes me LOL as welll when I look back at Hurricane getting his restricted. I wasn't even driving then. A few years later I had a class 5 truck and trailer. Must have been before SC I changed my name to Drain, don't ask me why or where I got it from I have no idea.

I remember going to a LAN in wellington and Mish's house. Also meeting Azmodan at some point. Both good blokes. The days went by, school got busier, TF took a back seat roll, started drinking, going out and working, eventually lost interest altogether, esp when the script kiddies started coming in, auto aim etc.

When I was 18 went to america and drove combine harvesters in a circle for 16 hours a day, got bored, moved to california. Came home 6 months later. Went to England 6 months later, then home 6 months later, then back to England 6 months later, then Canada 6 months later, 6 months later I'm back in England for my third season. Loving it here. Don't really play games anymore. Although I bought ArmA the sequal to OFP as it was only 20 pounds, wasn't sure if it would run on my laptop but seems to run ok.

My lifestyle doesnt allow for games anymore. I still sit down every now and then and play. But I won't ever get back into TF. Probably look at starting Uni in a couple of years.