View Single Post
Old 1st August 2005, 18:26     #36
Jonas Undrawing

ahhh... the ol' dud new toner problem. So THAT's what they pay you for.

Still. For a stupid person like me (just pretend I'm stupid for now) if you had said "The new lines are possibly caused by the new toner being faulty. Try changing the toner again let me know how you get on." Things would have gone much smoother and I would have known why I had to change the toner again. And I wouldn't walk away thinking the IT guy is a rude bastard.

I think it's important that everyone see's the bigger picture. You can see the big picture as to why the printer doesn't work. It helps immensely if they have a bit of logic behind the instructions they've been given. That way you may not have to ever deal with faulty toners again! Having said that... a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing... you dont know that they might see a line on their screen and their way of fixing it is to open up their monitor to change the bulb.

You gotta keep a few secrets I suppose. smoke and mirrors eh? Otherwise they can eventually solve everything by themselves, they become just as smart as you, and you lose your job. Oh noes!

Last edited by Jonas Undrawing : 1st August 2005 at 18:40.