View Single Post
Old 16th July 2015, 13:31     #118
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Interesting comment on Labour's move from rabid National supporter Malcolm "No Right Turn" Harbrow:

http://norightturn.blogspot.co.nz/20...ke-racism.html

Quote:
Its obvious enough and revolting enough that anyone looking at it would say "hey, this sounds like racism!" even in a party as talentless and dysfunctional as Labour. I guess they've decided that Winston really is heading for the exit, and are trying to position themselves to grab his 200,000 dead white racist voters, and bugger their supposed party values. But if this is the direction our largest "centre left" party is heading in, I don't see why any decent person would want to support it.
Now based on past performance I had assumed as a matter of course that this clusterfuck by Labour was an accident. That it was muppetry.

What if it's not? Like NRT says above, what if it's deliberate and calculated and Labour's leadership have just decided that it's better to win than to have principles? What if they just sat down and said "if all those elderly white racists who voted for Winston at the last election vote for us, we're up over 30%; and Winston's not going to be around much longer, so let's make sure those elderly white racists know who their second-best friend is"?