Thread: Random Politics
View Single Post
Old 12th February 2011, 11:20     #164
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
It would be hard to accept that explanation, because I calmly and rationally consider you to be intellectually dishonest myself, but I naturally can't rule out your explanation, because I don't know your friends or your relationship with them.

Considering your explanation of why your friends haven't told you they think you're intellectually dishonest does raise the spectre of further alternatives, of course, and they're unflattering, but we can stick with the those each of us has suggested if you prefer, just to clinch the dishonesty
I guess I could take you more seriously if the bulk of the people who are making these accusations weren't those who habitually disagree with me or my perspective.

My general rule is I pay little heed to feedback from people who can't give me both positive and critical feedback. I still pay attention, but I balance the feedback against those who appear to know how to tell me what's what.

Besides, I think CCS has clearly demonstrated what intellectual dishonesty actually is, but gets away with it.

As I earlier pointed out, "some think" becomes "everyone knows". I suggest he "invokes", he reflects that back as "forces". Surely this is intellectual dishonesty?

I'm not sure how I can change to fit into the group culture when the rules of the group appear to me as completely arbitrary.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 12th February 2011 at 11:21.