View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2020, 22:32     #258
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I find all human interactions interesting. I’m also horrified that we live in an era in which “men are not women” is a controversial statement.
Many people do indeed have stories of sex and gender that I suspect correlates with gamete size. There isn't any need or general demand to upend this. Nor is there an expectation for people in general to have any conceptualisation other than this.

However the statement is controversial when you're in a position of authority and you insist upon it. And there is a general expectation that people accept others regardless of their stories.

Short omniscience you can't even be aware of all human interactions. What you're interested in is what you're about. Myself, I was raised being told what it means to be a man, and that's stuck in varying degrees. I had also seen some dramatic demonstrations, if my early behaviour is anything to go by. I know no matter how much I'm willing to accommodate other views I'll always have this early conceptualisation. I'm also in reaction to that, not everything I was told or saw reconciled with my own sense of self, the size of my... gametes notwithstanding. As such I'm somewhat indifferent to sex and gender. That being very easy for me given how closely my appearance and behaviour align with traditional roles.