View Single Post
Old 8th February 2007, 09:52     #139
Hory

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah

Oh, and I'm far less confident in the Iranian ability to hold off on pressing that button.

Of all the nuclear states including Pakistan and North Korea, I'm most nervous about Israel having nuclear capabilities given that they are already threatening to use them against Iran. Any sense of restraint and deterrent other nuclear nations have against using them does not exist for Israel due to the unwavering military, financial and diplomatic support of the world's sole superpower they enjoy.

Iran are not going to launch an unprovoked attack on Israel, given the military strength of Israel and the US, that would be completely insane. I'm not saying Iran is a great place with a well-balanced leadership and government but they are not a rogue state and they are not going to act against their own best interests.

And of course Iran does not have nuclear weapons and will not have them for at least a decade, so I think fretting about them now is just buying into the American and Israeli propaganda created to justify invading yet another country.