Thread: Personal ECG?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 19:45     #1
MadMax
Stuff

Personal ECG?

Aside from Apple Watch, does anyone have a personal ECG monitor? I could get a Apple Watch if its data is at all presentable to a doctor.

I’ve get a racing heart (180+BPM) or palpitations as they say in hospital. The last time I went in after my heart failed to settle down after several hours I visited the gp who took blood tests which resulted in a summons to ED due to heart enzymes found in my blood. After much mucking around I get told nothing can be done as the episode wasn’t caught on ECG. Ohhhh I hate hospitals.

I’m not old enough or of the correct criteria for a holster/monitor at home (maybe I should start smoking?). Plus you only get one for a limited length of time which may not even capture the problem.

Yesterday I had a repeat of the above but this time walked straight to ED, told them I needed bloods+ECG ASAP but after a minimal 1 hour wait my heart had almost settled down to 105bpm. Blood tests showed again heart enzymes at increasing levels. I got the fuck out of there knowing it was just ground hog day again.

Oh, and that fucking nurse that suggested my heart rate was up because I walked to the hospital and that the previous machines were probably inaccurate ...

I have health insurance if that helps. Maybe I need to find somewhere in town I can walk in without appointment and get an ECG on the spot.