View Single Post
Old 9th September 2013, 15:15     #64
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

During the last/current Labor administration the government tried to push through a fucking hideous policy of mandatory internet censorship (commentary at various places on NZG but mostly here IIRC). The legislation was stopped indefinitely by the Greens who basically said "this proposed legislation is hideous and it won't pass so long as its passage requires our votes in the Senate".

I gave them props for that. They may be a bunch of commie enviro-loonies, but hey... they're MY KIND OF commie enviro-loonies.

But in the lower-house election I let the candidates rule themselves out of consideration.

Family First ruled themselves out by you know, Jebus.

Palmer United ruled themselves out by running on a platform of "What Clive Palmer says is awesome is awesome! And Clive Palmer says mining is awesome! And he also says that Clive Palmer is awesome!"

The Lib/Nat Coalition ruled itself out running on a platform of "We'll stop the boats! And copper is a perfectly adequate delivery medium for IP traffic for the conceivable future!"

Labor ruled itself out by running on a platform of "We'll stop the boats! And whatever else Kevin Rudd decides on the spur of the moment! By the way he's totally not an insane vindictive psychopath!"