View Single Post
Old 15th June 2011, 18:31     #100
CCS
Stunt Pants

I meant on a level technical level. I think it's fair to say you don't.

Let's describe it like this. Labour published a lot of sensitive information on a huge billboard for anyone who drove past to see. Oh sure, the billboard was in a backwater with no sign posts, but it was there nonetheless. Their billboard hoarding guy never thought to cover up the billboard until such time as Labour put a fancy advertisment over the top of the sensitive information and, to be fair, wasn't told that he was supposed to.
Cameron Slater used my-ip-neighbors.com - let's think of it as a sort of automatically generated whitepages of billboards - to find out what billboards Labour had and then he drove past them. When he saw that this particular one had a lot of sensitive information on it, for anybody to see, he lolled had and marvelled at how foolish this was. He took a bunch of photos of this billboard. He came driving past it for a while after to see if it was still there because he couldn't believe that Labour had no idea they erected this billboard with a whole lot of sensitive information splashed across it. Then he blogged about it.
Oh yeah, and a person who works for the National party drove past it this one time and was so amazed at what he saw that he took a picture of it with his cellphone to show the boys at the office. But... but... but... clearly Labour didn't want people to see the billboard! I mean, sure, that put that stuff on a billboard for everyone to see but... they didn't mean for people to see it!

Now, fixed_truth, your grizzle seems to be that you think National should have called up the opposition party and said "Hey, guys... uhh... look, I don't wanna tell you how to run your shit but... do you know about this billboard?"

I don't see how it is even remotely the responsibility of National to look out for another party that ought to know how to sort their shit out like adults. The very notion that National should have told Labour about their fuck-up is laughable.