Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 30th October 2022, 19:37     #3161
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
these vaccine surveillance reports were used to show how well the injections worked, so it's fair they also be used to show how poor they are.

a number I would accept from a working vaccine is 0-5% of vaccinated falling sick, in ICU, or dead from the disease they are vaccinated against.

Maybe what you're trying to say is that triple jabbed are more likely to be hypochondriac (have sniffles, must get tested). Otherwise, you'll have to explain how survivorship bias applies here. Cos i'm a big dummie.
The key link you shared wasn't showing how well injections worked. They were showing the vaccination status of those that were hospitalized or died.

Your key points were regarding the percentage of those hospitalised with Covid with at least 3 shots, of those hospitalized and in the ICU with Covid with at least 3 shots, and of those that died with Covid with at least 3 shots.

But from what I can see, you're failing to account for those that have not been hospitalized. You're making the logical error of concentrating on entities that passed a selection process while overlooking those that did not.

It's a loose analogy but you're looking at car crash victims that are in hospital or died, and whether or not they were wearing a seatbelt. You're identifying that out of those that died or are in hospital, a fairly large portion of them were wearing a seatbelt, which is fine. Those are facts.
Then the logical jump you're making is using those above facts as a key talking point as to whether or not seat belts are effective, never mind that there are scores and scores of car crash victims that were wearing seatbelts, that don't need to go to hospital, or don't die as a result of their injuries.
The effectiveness of seatbelts isn't determined by looking at car crash victims that are in hospital or died, and whether or not they were wearing a seatbelt, is it?

Last edited by Cyberbob : 30th October 2022 at 19:42.