View Single Post
Old 11th August 2022, 15:58     #4365
StN
I have detailed files

Was at a loose end, and saw Disney had LightYear.

Premise holds up in the Toy Story universe, and perfectly fine that Evans voices Buzz and not Allen. Buzz's mate marries another woman while he is away? Whoopie. Storm in a teacup. Explains why Zurg is called Zurg. And kind of ret-cons the father bit. Kind of - but then again, what is seen in TS is how Andy remembers watching the film. At one point, a console looks just like a classic Tardis, which foreshadows a development.

Taika seemed like he could hardly remember his part in recent interviews - must have done the voice work years ago for them to do the animation sync, so makes sense he forgot his characters name.

Overall, not terrible, not great. Systems still boot up with a Mac noise - harking back to Wall-e and I supposed Jobs buying Pixar from Lucas. The cat was fun, and it was pretty obvious what was going to happen when the rookie had a red uniform on.

Didn't even realise that certain aspects of Buzz's Space Ranger suit were missing - until they weren't. Some plot points way predictable - but I don't think I am in the target demographic.

Graphics are pretty.