View Single Post
Old 9th October 2008, 16:54     #4022
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Yeah - they look really good, often have amazing build quality and as you say perform better etc etc... but if you had a kit parked next to a real original... and you knew which was which... you'd lust after the original, wouldn't you?

While i see what you're getting at and to a point i agree i also have to disagree. A lot of the time with the kit cars so much more care is taken putting them together than people actually think the kit is the real one, and don't get me wrong im not talking about the "sellotape these fiberglass guards onto your mr2 and presto you have an F40" type kits but the proper built from the ground up style like the AC cobra kits and the Stingy kits some people spend a hell of a lot of time and effort building them and a lot of the time over engineer and tweak things to make them sit better, handle better and overall look like they've been built better

also a lot of the time people don't built/drive kit cars because of the money, sure they're cheaper etc but some people just like the hands on feeling and accomplishment of building something themselves with their own hands, having a car that looks like a kick ass car you like is just an added bonus

but in a way you're right, the other half of the people stick them together with a mig welder blu-tack and sellotape and try and pass them off as "yea check it i gots me some heritage"