View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 12:24     #262
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
Whats that involve?
Those lens are like real sunnies versions of those Transition lens. Unlike Transitions lens these ones (Developed by Younger and Transitions Inc together) do have a tint and can be activated by optical light, rather than just UV light. Transition lens are useless for driving because most windshields block out about 98% of UV light so your lens won't darken behind the windshield.

In overcast conditions, the Drivewear lens have a yellowish/green tint and does a great job of maximising contrast. I know it sounds counter-intuitive to say wearing sunnies on an overcast day allows you to see better but it honestly does. In bright days but driving behind a windshield, the lens turn to a reddish tint and it goes brown when you're outdoors, which offers the heaviest filtering of light.

It's hard to describe why I like these lens so much, other than to say I get the best vision in all conditions. They are not for everybody -- if your idea of a good pair of sunnies is that it must make things look dark, you will be disappointed. It doesn't darken your vision to the extent that traditional sunnies do but rather reduces things like glare and optimises your vision for the conditions. If you're happy with the existing sunnies that you have, it's hardly worth jumping into an Optometrist's shop to get a pair of these (the lens alone cost over $400) but if you're in the market for a pair of sunnies, you owe it to yourself to take a look at these IMO.

www.drivewearlens.com for those interested.