View Single Post
Old 21st March 2009, 16:28     #120
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTBoB
MR Key
"Imagine someone who used to give $10,000 to an organisation.

"Now with the tax deductions, they get a third of that back. So they can give $15,000 and with the rebate, their net giving is the same. So there's tremendous capacity for New Zealanders to increase their giving."
-----------------------------------------------------

Soo if Key gets $100 tax refund and gives $150 to charity,
Government is $150 out of pocket, and Key is exactly where he was to start with, fuck your a clever cunt mr john key.
Jesus H Christ, it's like trying to explain quantum mechanics to toddlers.

Look, I'll make it real simple. Key was guest speaker at the Philanthropy New Zealand national conference. He was addressing people who have commendably demonstrated a commitment to making significant donations to charity. He was speaking to people who donate lots of money. Key was saying "The new tax scheme is going to mean that you get a chunk of your donation back as a tax rebate. I would like to think that many of you will also donate that rebate to charity rather than pocketing it or spending it on useless shit, because at the end of the day you won't be out of pocket by any more than you are with your present donations, and that extra donation could really make a difference to some people."

Wow, now I look at what I read, the guy is obviously the Antichrist. How could I have been so blind.