View Single Post
Old 27th October 2009, 16:18     #202
cryocore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
It's not that I didn't like the movie. It was ok.. but I guess I fell into the hype around it being so really scary (you know, people walking out of theatres), and it has been a long time since any horror movie made me actually feel like I'm a little too scared to look. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy them still though. Possibly it's because the "thing" was a demon, instead of a ghost? I could be convinced about the existence of ghosts which would make it a little more realistic for me.. And maybe if there was more in terms of why it was attached to her rather than "it's a random thing". I dunno?
I stress again. The workprint is a different beast to the Theatrical release. The hype is for the theatical version NOT the workprint version. They are different. Its quite possible that the reason you didnt enjoy it as much is that the version you saw wasnt the version you saw.

As for the demon vs ghost argument I dont see how it matters personally. I would have thought one being plausable would make the other just as plausable seeing as they are kind of related as far as mythology/religious connotations go. then again its all subjective really. Horror films deal with monsters of every sort so I accept them all equally. Zombies/Vampires/Werewolves/ghosts/Aliens/Demons/Mutant Inbreds they're all good.