Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 16th July 2000, 18:25     #66
chiQ
Frag-muff

PK yeah you're right that just taking what you read on face value will cause misguided beliefs, but that's not all she wrote.

To base belief systems purely on your own cognitions will lead to skewed/biased/slanted views too.

Your staunch beliefs about homosexuality may be logical to you, but you admitted yourself that your real world experience of homosexuals and their nature is very narrow. That kind of exposure to the elements that factor into a theory is invaluable, so don't knock it too hard.

I personally think you write off other people's views a bit abruptly, based on what you've conjured up in your internal dialogues about subjects, rather than on real, life-experience, or theoretical study of the work of others.

Sure you may be right about creationism, but you continuously shoot down other peoples' theories and thoughts with very little useful information to back it up.

This breeds a lack of faith in your reasoning, meaning people don't take you as seriously as they would if you actually outlined strong rationales for your beliefs.

You can't just say "I know blah blah" and expect people to accept that in a public debate. If you give us strong arguments for your beliefs you won't get so much disparagement from other users.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm really just trying to keep this as an informative, interesting thread rather than an all out war between you and the non-creationists. The fact that you're a creationist doesn't effect the way I perceive you, but your style of debate certainly effects how well your arguments are received.

------------------
[email protected]