View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2022, 14:16     #1926
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
This particular case aside, I'm strongly against the death penalty because of two points:
I do not believe that the government is infallible, and I do not think it's ok to occasionally kill innocent people.

If you think the death penalty is OK, let me know which of the two above statements you disagree with.
That's why I put the qualifier in there of "not something to be dished out lightly". If you're innocent, you don't get caught up in repeated offending. An innocent man doesn't have a history of setting up services in Thailand and finding himself filming his crimes. It's these cases I'm talking about, where it's obvious that the person accused is definitely the guilty party, and not only that, they have a history of it.

I don't believe it should be "anyone who goes to trial for offense X has death penalty by default, with no consideration for circumstances".

But to have a firm "no death penalty" stance is to ignore the fact that it's 100% effective and more cost effective. You just think it's wrong because feelings, but hey, I'll shoot him and you can wave a placard, and then we're both happy. You did your best.

Whatever happened to "choices have consequences" which was a concrete bit of logic in previous arguments?

Last edited by DrTiTus : 23rd November 2022 at 14:17.