View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2017, 02:31     #152
CCS
Stunt Pants

Because not science

Crazy cat man to pilot steam rocket for Flat Earth Science.

Quote:
"I don't believe in science," said Hughes, whose main sponsor for the rocket is Research Flat Earth. "I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that's not science, that's just a formula. There's no difference between science and science fiction."

This flight isn't to prove flat earthism itself, but a stunt on the way to a higher altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by facebook
Hughes This jump is to raise media attention to make it possible to put me up to the karman line 62 miles up the edge of space which should be high enough to proof the flat earth
Quote:
His future plans include an excursion into space. He and Stakes have already brainstormed on a "Rockoon," which is a rocket that, rather than being immediately ignited while on the ground, is carried into the atmosphere by a gas-filled balloon, then separated from the balloon and lit. This rocket will take Hughes about 68 miles up.

I wonder what happens when he gets to the Karman Line and sees a curved horizon? He declares that the earth is disc shaped?